This is one of the many abandoned places along highway 7 between Kanata and Tweed. It’s sad that people just drive by and fail to notice where someone’s dreams ended with the decision to just walk away from it all.
Kaladar is a community in the municipality of Addington Highlands in Lennox and Addington County Ontario, Canada. It is located at the junction of Highway 7 and Highway 41.
To the north is Bon Echo Provincial Park. Other nearby natural areas are the Kaladar Pine Barrens Conservation Reserve and Puzzle Lake Provincial Park.
This area was first settled following the construction of the Addington Road in 1857. It was originally named Scouten after its first postmaster. The old CPR rail bed passing through the town has become part of the Trans Canada Trail.
Motorists were offered a four lane divided highway to Ottawa from Montreal and Toronto when the was 416 finally connected to the 401 – at the same time it spelled the end for many gas stations, restaurants and motels.
The remains of the hotel can be seen at 10208 Highway #41 at Highway #7, Kaladar Ontario. It’s now been converted into a burger/fish and chip restaurant and painted a lovely color of black…