Parks Canada staff draining Trent-Severn Waterway National Historic Site of Canada lock 3, Glen Miller.
As interesting as this is, please consider staying home and enjoying the locks through the safety of your computer:
- This is an active construction site – please stay well back from the lock, and out of the way.
- DO NOT attempt to gain access to or walk on the floor of the lock.
- Lock station grounds are not staffed during the non-navigation season from mid October to the end of May and are not intended for public use during those times. As some locations are remote and isolated, an injured person could remain unattended.
- Some public safety hazards may exist. For instance, wet leaves, ice, and snow may remain on stairs and walkways.
- For public safety, it is important that people stay away from all dams, water control structures, lock chambers and lock gates.
- Visit at your own risk.
Video and images © 2012 CKB