Lancaster Mk 10P KB882 was built in 1945 by Victory Aircraft Limited, Malton, Ontario and delivered to Britain, where the aircraft joined No. 428 Squadron RCAF in March of that year.
The Lancaster was part of the first production batch of 300 aircraft ordered from Victory Aircraft. The first 75 aircraft were equipped with Packard built Rolls-Royce Merlin 38 engines, the remaining 225 aircraft were equipped with Packard built Rolls-Royce Merlin 224 engines.
Flown on six operational sorties over Germany, the aircraft was returned to Canada in June 1945 and entered storage. In 1952, the aircraft was modified to Mk 10P Aerial Reconnaissance configuration and flew with No. 408 Squadron RCAF.
In 1964 the Lancaster was parked at the Edmundston Municipal Airport located on the Trans-Canada Highway in the Saint-Jacques district.
- Engines: Four 1,460 hp Rolls-Royce Merlin XX inline piston engines
- Weight: Empty 36,900 lbs, Maximum Takeoff 68,000 lbs.
- Wingspan: 102 ft 0 in.
- Length 69 ft 6 in.
- Height: 20 ft 0 in.
- Maximum Speed at 12,000 ft: 287 mph
- Service Ceiling: 24,500 ft
- Range with 14,000 pound load: 1,660 miles
- Two 0.303-inch (7.7mm) guns in nose, ventral and dorsal turrets
- Four 0.303-inch (7.7mm) guns in tail turret
- Fourteen 1,000 pound bombs
- Crew: 7
more images in a Facebook album
Images by Katherine © 2013 CKB