Unfortunately, there’s a deadly neighbour behind them and if you know about the history of uranium in Port Hope you’ll understand all too well why I would not fish here or eat fish from here.
- the only uranium conversion facility in Canada and one of only four in the western world
- facilities include uranium dioxide (UO2) and uranium hexafluoride (UF6) processing plants and technology development laboratories
- the only supplier of UO2 for Canadian-made Candu reactors
- licensed to produce 12,500 tonnes uranium per year as UF6and 2,800 tonnes uranium per year as UO2
- the only uranium conversion facility that uses a wet process to make uranium tetrafluoride (UF4) from UO2.
And now you know…
Images by Katherine © 2013 CKB