Okisollo in Brown’s Bay
Colonel Lawson was built by Vancouver Shipyards Limited in 1944 as a workboat for the Canadian Army (Royal Canadian Army Service Corps). During the Second World War she was operated by the Canadian Army Pacific Command Water Transport Company of the Royal Canadian Army Service Corps in service north to the Aleutian Islands.
In 1946 she was purchased by Robert V. Smith, and renamed to Robert Rachel.
In 1959 she was purchased by Ridgway W. Wilson, and renamed to Sea Mate II. She was converted to a tow boat and worked the West Coast until 1961.
After a two year conversion in Nanaimo she was launched as a yacht in 1963 and renamed Okisollo.