Pulteney Point, a barren sand spit on the southwest corner of Malcolm Island, marks the separation of Broughton and Queen Charlotte Straits. Built in 1943, the current Pulteney Point Lighthouse replaced a combination lighthouse-dwelling that was established in 1905.
The island and point were named in 1846 by Commander George T. Gorden of the HMS Comorant after Admiral Sir Pulteney Malcolm, a Scottish born British Naval Officer.
The Pulteney Point Lighthouse is protected under the Heritage Lighthouse Protection Act (S.C. 2008, c 16)
- Tower Height: 30
- Height of Focal Plane: 40
- Characteristic and Range: Flashing red every 10 seconds.
- Description of Tower: White, square tower with red lantern.