In 1915 St. Mary’s Anglican church was constructed near the present Tsolum School. The church was skidded up to the Merville Soldier Settlement project in 1919 and the first sacrament was held in March 1920.
In 1960 an army hut originally from the WW2 Sandwick Camp was placed beside the church for the use of the congregation.
The buildings were deconsecrated, the altar vestments distributed respectfully and the church was sold in 2003, the diocese decided the small church was no longer needed.
[fbalbum url=”https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.243327422457643.1073741971.123247217798998&type=3″ size=”187″]