St Paul’s Roman Catholic Church, Fulford Harbour, Saltspring
Salt Spring Island’s oldest church was founded in 1878 by Father Donckele, the first Roman Catholic missionary to the Gulf islands.
Erected between 1880 and 1885 by members of the community, the windows, door and bell were acquired from father Rondeault’s “Butter Church” in Cowichan Bay. The church was formally dedicated on May 10, 1885, by Bishop J. B. Brondel.