War of 1812 monument – Parliament Hill
The War of 1812 monument was created by Toronto sculptor Adrienne Alison to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the conflict.
The seven bronze figures represent the key combatants that came together to defeat the American invasion.
- a Métis fighter firing a cannon
- a woman bandaging the arm of a Voltigeur—a French combatant
- a Royal Navy sailor pulling a rope
- a First Nations warrior pointing into the distance
- a Canadian militiaman raising his arm in triumph
- a member of the British Army’s Royal Newfoundland Regiment firing a musket