Cowichan Valley Railway No. 25 at the BC Forest Discovery Centre
No.25 was used during the construction of the Great Northern Railway (now CNR) grade through the Fraser Canyon, and later to transport fill for the construction of North Vancouver harbour facilities.
- Built: 1910, c/n 1549
- Manufacturer: Vulcan Iron Works,Pennsylvania.
- Class: C-6, 0-4-0 saddle tank engine
- Weight: 18 tons.
- Cylinder dimensions: 10×16
- Boiler pressure: originally 140 pounds per square inch – now 150 psi).
- Hauling capacity on straight level track: 95 tons.
- Gauge: narrow (36 inches).
- Fuel: originally coal – now oil.