The back entrance and a view of Crooked Channel
St. John Evangelist Anglican Church is a small Victorian Gothic Revival building located on Bell Island in the LaHave Islands, on a hill overlooking Crooked Channel. The church was built and opened for service in 1903, and was consecrated in 1908.
St. John Evangelist Anglican Church is one of six Lunenburg County churches built by Thomas A. Hemeon.
The church was recognized as a National Historic Place on 30 September 1997.