Lockheed CP-140A Arcturus at the Greenwood Military Aviation Museum
A variant of the CP-140 Aurora, the CP-140A Arcturus was not equipped with surface and sub-surface warfare equipment. This made the Arcturus more fuel efficient, and well suited for crew training duties, maritime surface reconnaissance, support for search-and-rescue, and Arctic sovereignty patrols.
The Arcturus possessed a superior AN/APS-507 surface search radar, but did not have an integrated mission computer, or mission systems that are on the Aurora.
All three Arcturus were based at 14 Wing and have been retired.
- Crew: Mission minimum 8, typically 12 to 15
- Capacity: 20
- Length: 35.61 m (116 ft 10 in)
- Wingspan: 30.38 m (99 ft 8 in)
- Height: 10.49 m (34 ft 5 in (at 125,500 lb))
- Loaded weight: 27,892 kg (61,362 lb)
- Powerplant: 4 × Allison T-56-A-14-LFE turboprop engines, 4600 SHP
- Maximum speed: 750 km/h (405 kn, 462 mph)
- Range: 9,300 km (5,000 nmi, 5,737 mi)
- Service ceiling: 10,700 m (35,100 ft)