In 1948, a project to be built in Courtenay was proposed by Central Housing and Mortgage Corporation. There would be 40 houses on the “old Cudmore property” which was bounded on the north by 17th Street and to the west by E&N Railroad. The allocation of the “veteran houses” would be determined by need and prospective applicants would be judged on their length of service in Canada and overseas as well as their marital status and number of dependents.
The houses are small at 713 to 891 square feet, but they are solid, and filled an important need.
[fbalbum url=”https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.232136473576738.1073741932.123247217798998&type=3″ size=”187″ random=1 limit=12]
the complete set of images is in a Facebook album…