Western Forest Products engine 113, a 2-8-2 135 Ton Alco Rod Engine is on display at the Woss train yard, and was in use as late as 1988.
The engine was built in 1920, and was transported from Oregon to Port Alberni in 1938, where it operated as the No. 6 until the early 1950’s. The engine moved to Chemainus for one year, and in the winter of 1953 arrived at Woss Camp. The engine was operated as No. 113 until 1988.
Woss Camp was the last west coast logging operation to use a steam locomotive.
[fbalbum url=”https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.311135102343541.1073742156.123247217798998&type=3″ size=”187″]